Els grans vaixells passen la nostra casa

diumenge, 17 de febrer de 2008

Värttinä - Finnish World Music - World famous

Vot i Kaalina




Finland's Värttinä performing "Maahinen Neito" live in Helsinki, 2003.





Maahinen Neito (Earth-maiden) is a song in the gypsy tradition based on the myth of the Maahinen, a human-like spirit or elf which dwells underground. The maahinen women will sometimes come above ground and change their own child to a human baby. In most cases the changelings don´t acclimate to the new place, and they have to be given back.

What did they know of me, staring at me strangely,
the suitors who would not take or touch me?

What did they know of me, staring at me strangely,
unharvested in summer, unwanted in winter?

What did they feel was different in me,
this maid no ploughman lifts over the threshold?

What did they know when they eyed me, the weird one?
None walk with me in moonlight, or under the stars.

They said I was black, that I lie with the evil one -
black, they said (those who said it were blacker).
Go travel the underworld, row the secret waters,
to the underworld, where black is snow-white...

What was it about me? They'd heard how odd I was,
would not lie on my breast, not grant me a kiss.

What did they know of me? A witch, says the village,
and the gossip goes further, a sharp wind spreading it.

They said I was black, that I lie with the evil one,
black, they said (those who said it were blacker).
Go travel the underworld, row the secret waters,
to the underworld, where black is snow-white...

The earth-maiden's mate is the earth and the mold,
in earth and mold let her kiss her bridegroom.
The earth-maiden's mate is the earth and the mold,
in earth and mold let her kiss her bridegroom


Linnunmieli



Kylä vuotti uutta kuuta/The village waited for the New Moon/El poble esperó la Luna Nueva




Värttinä - Home

2 comentaris:

zel ha dit...

Senzillament preciós, molt bona música!!! Petons, salut!

Merike ha dit...

Värttinä es muy apreciada. Värttinä - Home
Gràcies!!!