Els grans vaixells passen la nostra casa

dimarts, 8 d’abril de 2008

PREMI PULITZER ESPECIAL 2008 PER BOB DYLAN

El cantautor Bob Dylan ha estat guardonat amb un Premi Pulitzer. El jurat ha pres aquesta decisió per "el profund impacte" de la seva música en la cultura nord-americana i pel "poder poètic" de les seves composicions. És el primer músic de rock que rep aquesta distinció.

* * * * * * *

Robert Allen Zimmerman, conegut amb el nom artístic de Bob Dylan, (Duluth, EUA 1941) és un compositor i cantant nord-americà, considerat un dels més músics més influents i prolífics del segle XX i proposat diverses vegades pel Premi Nobel de Literatura.

Dylan ha aportat a la música rock una dimensió poètica més rica i adulta, emprant metàfores i figures al·legòriques per a descriure el desordre individual i social, a més d'una inventiva melòdica provinent d'estructures tradicionals com el blues, la balada o les cançons de treball. Al llarg de la seva carrera ha experimentant amb tota mena de ritmes i formes harmòniques, cosa que ha enriquit la seva expressió musical i ha influït en molts altres intèrprets i compositors. Pot llegir la plena història aquí:
Bob Dylan - Viquipèdia

FCZ - Bob Dylan - Thunder On The Mountain
Presentación de Bob Dylan en el Festival Cultural Zacatecas, grabado en Plaza de Armas el 25 de Marzo del 2008




Thunder on the mountain, and there's fires on the moon
A ruckus in the alley and the sun will be here soon
Today's the day, gonna grab my trombone and blow
Well, there's hot stuff here and it's everywhere I go

I was thinkin' 'bout Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying
When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line
I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be
I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee

Feel like my soul is beginning to expand
Look into my heart and you will sort of understand
You brought me here, now you're trying to run me away
The writing on the wall, come read it, come see what it say

Thunder on the mountain, rollin' like a drum
Gonna sleep over there, that's where the music coming from
I don't need any guide, I already know the way
Remember this, I'm your servant both night and day

The pistols are poppin' and the power is down
I'd like to try somethin' but I'm so far from town
The sun keeps shinin' and the North Wind keeps picking up speed
Gonna forget about myself for a while, gonna go out and see what others need

I've been sittin' down studyin' the art of love
I think it will fit me like a glove
I want some real good woman to do just what I say
Everybody got to wonder what's the matter with this cruel world today

Thunder on the mountain rolling to the ground
Gonna get up in the morning walk the hard road down
Some sweet day I'll stand beside my king
I wouldn't betray your love or any other thing

Gonna raise me an army, some tough sons of bitches
I'll recruit my army from the orphanages
I been to St. Herman's church, said my religious vows
I've sucked the milk out of a thousand cows

I got the porkchops, she got the pie
She ain't no angel and neither am I
Shame on your greed, shame on your wicked schemes
I'll say this, I don't give a damn about your dreams

Thunder on the mountain heavy as can be
Mean old twister bearing down on me
All the ladies in Washington scrambling to get out of town
Looks like something bad gonna happen, better roll your airplane down

Everybody going and I want to go too
Don't wanna take a chance with somebody new
I did all I could, I did it right there and then
I've already confessed - no need to confess again

Gonna make a lot of money, gonna go up north
I'll plant and I'll harvest what the earth brings forth
The hammer's on the table, the pitchfork's on the shelf
For the love of God, you ought to take pity on yourself
Music and words by Bob Dylan
Copyright 2006 Special Rider Music

Bob Dylan :: Columbia Records

Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues


Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap
In the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills
You only got ten

Maggie comes fleet foot
Face full of black soot
Talkin' that the heat put
Plants in the bed but
The phone's tapped anyway
Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the D. A.
Look out kid
Don't matter what you did
Walk on your tip toes
Don't try "No Doz"
Better stay away from those
That carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose
Watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows

Get sick, get well
Hang around a ink well
Ring bell, hard to tell
If anything is goin' to sell
Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail
Look out kid
You're gonna get hit
But users, cheaters
Six-time losers
Hang around the theaters
Girl by the whirlpool
Lookin' for a new fool
Don't follow leaders
Watch the parkin' meters

Ah get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Look out kid
They keep it all hid
Better jump down a manhole
Light yourself a candle
Don't wear sandals
Try to avoid the scandals
Don't wanna be a bum
You better chew gum
The pump don't work
'Cause the vandals took the handles
Copyright © 1965; renewed 1993 Special Rider Music

YouTube - BobDylanTV's Videos

Àlbums en solitari

1. Bob Dylan. 19 de març de 1962
2. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. 27 de maig de 1963
3. The Times They Are A-Changin'. 10 de febrer de 1964
4. Another Side of Bob Dylan. 1 de maig de 1964
5. Bringing It All Back Home. 22 de març de 1965
6. Highway 61 Revisited. 30 d'agost de 1965
7. Blonde on Blonde. 16 de maig de 1966
8. John Wesley Harding. 27 de desembre de 1967
9. Nashville Skyline. 9 d'abril de 1969
10. Self Portrait. 8 de juny de 1970
11. New Morning. 21 d'octubre de 1970
12. Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid. 13 de juliol de 1973 - banda sonora de la pel·lícula de Sam Peckinpah
13. Dylan. 16 de novembre de 1973
14. Planet Waves. 17 de gener de 1974
15. Before The Flood. 20 de juny de 1974 amb The Band (directe)
16. Blood on the Tracks. 20 de gener de 1975
17. The Basement Tapes. 1 de juliol de 1975 amb The Band
18. Desire. 5 de gener de 1976
19. Hard Rain. 1 de setembre de 1976 (directe)
20. Street Legal. 15 de juny de 1978
21. Masterpieces. 1978
22. At Budokan. 23 d'abril de 1979 (directe)
23. Slow Train Coming. 20 d'agost de 1979
24. Saved. 19 de juny de 1980
25. Shot of Love. 12 d'agost de 1981
26. Infidels. 27 d'octubre de 1983
27. Real Live. 29 de novembre de 1984 (directe)
28. Empire Burlesque. 30 de maig de 1985
29. Knocked Out Loaded. 14 de juliol de 1986
30. Dylan and The Dead. 18 de gener de 1988 amb els Grateful Dead (directe)
31. Down in the Groove. 19 de maig de 1988
32. Oh Mercy. 12 de setembre de 1989
33. Under The Red Sky. 11 de setembre de 1990
34. The Bootleg Series, Vol. 1-3. 29 de març de 1991 (recopilació de rareses)
35. Good as I Been to You. 3 de novembre de 1992
36. World Gone Wrong. 26 d'octubre de 1993
37. MTV Unplugged. 2 de maig de 1995 (directe)
38. Times Out of Mind. 30 de setembre de 1997
39. The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4: Live 1966. The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert. 13 d'octubre de 1998 (directe)
40. Love and Theft. 11 de setembre de 2001
41. The Bootleg Series, Vol. 5. Live 1975. The Rolling Thunder Revue. 2002 (directe)
42. The Bootleg Series, Vol. 6. Live 1964. Concert at Philharmonic Hall. 2004 (directe)
43. The Bootleg Series, Vol. 7. No Direction Home. The Soundtrack. 2005. Banda sonora de la pel·lícula de Martin Scorsese.
44. Live at Carnegie Hall 1963. 2005 (directe)
45. Live at Gaslight 1962. 2005 (directe)
46. Modern Times. Agost 2006

2 comentaris:

Striper ha dit...

Bob Dylan un gran artista malgrat el seu cami personal.Ator de cançons que no moriran mai.

Té la mà Maria - Reus ha dit...

és bon compositor, cantant normalet i com a persona un cagadubtes

petons